Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Again, not a good finisher.

I usually blog from my desk at work since it's the only fast internet connection I have available to me. Too cheap to get DSL or cable internet at home...

Anyway, the frustrating thing is that I have started about four (in my opinion) really cool posts, but then I get busy (or, more truthfully, the boss comes over) and I have to stop in the middle of what I'm writing and actually work (the nerve!). These posts never get finished because the moment has passed or the inspiration is just plain gone.

I've tried to blog at home but the stupid dial-up connection is too dang slow and I'm usually too tired deal with it.

Not being able to finish these posts really

8 Comments:

Blogger Seth T. Hahne said...

"...is pretty typical of a man of my character."

1:51 PM  
Blogger ironsulfide said...

you wound me, the dane.

4:15 PM  
Blogger Seth T. Hahne said...

But in a Christian way :-)

5:40 PM  
Blogger KMJ said...

Have you ever tried the "email" straight to blog thing? I haven't done that yet, but it seems like you can write in another program, and just send the final product via email.

And I hear you on the many non-finished posts. I usually have 1/2 a dozen started, not finished ideas rambling around. Most I just erase later. Some I cobble together after the impulse is over just to post something. Besides the process is as fun to read as the product. Blog on, brother.

6:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been trying to finish getting my AA for 4.5 years. Well I guess i havent really been trying.

8:57 AM  
Blogger Tenax said...

Ian,

oh, I love the anoymous comment above: the 4.5 year A.A. It took me 8.5 to get my B.A. so I can't laugh too hard.

But I'd like to hear even your partial posts! K is right, you can email, or save as drafts right here in the blog as you go, then go back and finish. It's good to hear your voice up here man, and I don't hear is as often as I'd like.

t

10:23 PM  
Blogger ironsulfide said...

Thanks t. you know it took me almost 12 years to get my BA so I'm not laughing at all. i'll keep working on the posts.

9:08 AM  
Blogger OutOfTheSilent said...

I think the problem wiht you iron, is that you are challenging yourself to have some great finsihed product, and this is fine, it just all comes down to what is your plan or goal in bloging... Like me... I try to have the discipline to write... Sometimes it is meaningful and others no so... at anyrate... for ME... my goal is to just write... and wether it is communicate "good" to people well I don't know.. but I do know I am communicating something... something... I think something...

12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home