Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Great starter, but terrible finisher

I was inspired by Tim's July 19 post to create a list of the books I've started reading but have to yet finish. 

  1. High Fidelity
  2. Surprised by Joy
  3. The Great Divorce (I've read this one before, but I wanted to start it again)
  4. The Road Unseen
  5. For Whom the Bell Tolls
  6. Wild at Heart
  7. Some book on documentary film making
  8. Several theological type books
  9. oh blast it all!!!  There are like 10 more but I can't remember them!
  10. Wait...  What was I listing again?
  11. Milk
  12. Eggs
  13. Bread
  14. Coffee filters
  15. Oooh, coffee!  I think I need a Starbucks!
  16. ...
  17. Crap!  See, I told you I was a great starter.
  18. Start finishing things.


 





7 Comments:

Blogger KMJ said...

I hear ya! I have really tried to stop buying or borrowing books unless I am prepared to open them on the spot and start reading. I am currently in the middle of about 5-6 different books.

11:17 AM  
Blogger OutOfTheSilent said...

Alright ian I was with you till I read crap... I thought to myself... hmm why is crap in the what seems to be grocery list. I mean crap is something you can read, I have read plenty of crap, even writen some, but you put CRAP in the food list... Are things really that bad that you are going to the backyard to get your food off of your unfinished beautfiul yard?

Man carp.... hmmm I think I will let that one hang aroudn like a bad smell for a while to figure it out...

Dude don't read crap, and please don't eat it

11:58 AM  
Blogger ironsulfide said...

Tim - You mean Crappy Pebbles w/ marshmellow Dingleberries isn't a part of this nutrious breakfast?

3:14 PM  
Blogger OutOfTheSilent said...

I sit corrected... Crapy Pepples can be a part of the diet...

9:30 AM  
Blogger FunKiller said...

Ian, is 'finisher' even a real word?

9:58 PM  
Blogger ironsulfide said...

Mike - Yes, it is. Some one who finishes is called a "finisher". Duh! That's why they're all shiney and stuff.

2:45 PM  
Blogger KMJ said...

And someone who is more scandinavian than another could be finnishier.

3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home