Tuesday, July 26, 2005

I worry that I worry too much.

There's a bunch of stuff on my mind right now.


I've just spent 2 days in jury duty (not actual sitting on any jury)
Work is slow (and I am starved for a challenge)
I keep running from challenges (go figure)
Mrs. Ironsulfide is in school (thankfully it's the final stretch... yippie!)
I'm in the thick of a backyard/house remodel (and lacking the self-confidence to do anything more than destroy things and then leave them that way)
We're running out of money (as usual)
To move or not to move? (right now it looks like "not to move")
If I do the right thing it will cost me and it's easier to ignore it (for now)
Not yet "grown-up" but sure ain't kid anymore

Sigh...

I don't blog regularly enough (nuff said)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow... can I say you are not alone... in your "short" thought blurb of the moment a lot of what I am sure many are feeling was said... Let me just say this... ON THE MOVING... find a job in SC, or NC, sell your home for near 500,000 pay cash for the 250,000 home in those states, you have at least ONE friend, oh yeah and no house payment. Your wife could get a job in no time with her skills... You know one can dream... Oh, by the way, you still won't have money, and there will still be house troubles though...

5:47 AM  
Blogger ironsulfide said...

thanks for the encouragment, rev t. i wish the answers were that simple.

7:53 AM  
Blogger FunKiller said...

You're a mess. I still love you brother. Money only comes in two forms: too little and not enough.

For someone who is not yet a grown up, you sure have some of the 'problems' of a grown up. If you really want to feel to immature, have kids.

As far as the moving issue goes. Read my latest post. I know how you feel. Peace.

And oh yeah, you don't blog enough.

9:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ian, grown up...maybe not but you are growing. This is a problem that you will look back on some day and realize, it was not so bad after all. Live while you are young and not yet a parent. When the kids come along, that is when you have to commit and be grounded. That is when your priorities will change. You will have all the challenges you can handle. Unable to run, :) Then you also realize that money is not so important, as long as you have enough to pay the bills each month, are in good health and are happy within yourself. Then it will all take care of itself.

9:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ian brother, i am definately right there with you! destroyed the kitchen a year ago with plans to "remodel" well i got the floor put back in this week. (no the floor has not been missing the whole time, it just had some holes and it moved quite a bit)

as for the comments about not blogging enough. AT LEAST you do, i have been to
intimaded to even start one. do you live nearby? maybe we could get together sometime? give me an email.(totheshire@netscape.net)

11:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home