Thursday, April 21, 2005

Nice Shirt

Dad was in surgery for almost 5 hours yesterday. He looks good in spite of the ordeal. The doctors said that they didn't see anything abnormal as they conducted the surgery. He did lose a portion of his jugular vein and his muscle, as expected, but his nerve is fine. We're waiting on the pathology report to know if there was in fact any cancer in the tissues that were removed. We're not out of the woods yet but it does feel like the trees are getting thinner.

After almost 5 hours my dad was pretty doped up but that didn't stop him from being himself. He couldn't speak because he was still on a breathing machine but he did write a few things to me...

"Hi"
"Hi, Dad."
"Love You"
"I love you too, Dad."
"Wish I could talk"
"That's okay, Dad, you rest. I'm just glad to see you."

A pause for a few moments.

"Nice Shirt"

I laughed and I could tell that his eyes were laughing too.

4 Comments:

Blogger KMJ said...

Excellent, Ian. I am so glad this portion of the journey went smoothly. I'll be praying that he heals well and that all the cancer is gone. Hang in there.

7:56 PM  
Blogger ironsulfide said...

thanks, kmj.

6:36 AM  
Blogger scooter said...

beautiful story, bro. brings tears to my eyes.

9:34 PM  
Blogger FunKiller said...

It is so good to hear your voice. I just got back for D.C. and was delighted to see you posting again. As you may have noticed, I did not drop you. Never have, never will.

I will obviously be praying for your father and for your whole family. I have been down this road myself and I'm glad things are going well so far for your dad. Peace man, and keep the posts coming.

10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home