Monday, April 18, 2005

Back (but not really)

I have noticed that the link to my blog missing on some blogs and not others.

It's a fair enough response, I suppose, since I haven't blogged in months and have been silent on all other accounts. I pretty much have dropped of the face of the blogisphere and I guess people got tired of waiting for my return to regular blogging. And I don't blame them. Long term blog silence can be interpreted as a lack of care or concern for the others in the blogging community.

Still, I can't help but feel a little hurt by this space-freeing action. After all, I've been removed from a list.

Cut off...

Deleted...

That stings. I mean, however much I deserved it, it's still a little painful to know that one can be dropped with the click of a button and, thus, removed to the cyber-wastebin.

Here's to knowing that the real friendship is not so easily severed as that cyber version.

As Funkiller always says, "Friends Blog" and I suppose he's right. Peace to all and, with a little luck, a return to regular blogging.

5 Comments:

Blogger ironsulfide said...

not if i see you first

2:33 PM  
Blogger KMJ said...

YAY!!!! So great to see you / hear back from you. (P.S. I didn't drop you off the list, just put you in "pending status" in the group below (cuz, like I'm neurotic and if it's in that first group, and I don't check it...it highlights as a different color, so I have to check it to keep it the same color)! You're back in "check every day" files now." (And that doesn't mean any expectation of daily or even semi-monthly posts...)

11:14 PM  
Blogger scooter said...

Good to hear your blogvoice again, bro. I knew it was just a matter of time. Love ya, man.

9:36 PM  
Blogger Tenax said...

Ian,

yeah, I dropped you and a couple others who hadn't blogged in months...I just kept checking in and seeing that santa photo. And I put up a post on my blog, even, explaining why I dropped a few.

But if you keep blogging...you could get back on!

t

7:30 PM  
Blogger Montana Sherry C said...

Hi Ian,
After a significant break from blogging myself, I am back on again also. And, just wanted to point out, that like KMJ, I didn't ever delete your link, just moved you to an occasional read list, rather than the dailies. The disappointment of checking it and finding nothing new just got to me after a while, I guess. I'll check in on you now and then. Glad to hear your dad seems to be cancer-free. Andy just went through this with his dad, too.

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home