Monday, October 04, 2004

The Abolition of Me or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Flush Draw

Well, it all started with reading the NIV instead of the KJV and that lead to drums in worship, R-rated movies and dancing.

The debauchery persisted and the season of pleasure turned from spring to summer to winter. Soon, it just wasn't enough and I had to get more.

This is when, as most of you know now, I turned to drink. Oh, the tender love and care of a batch of homebrew may make a sweet little story but only reveals the truth of just how far I would go...

and have now gone.

Yes, now my turn the to the darker side is complete as I now have... I don't know if I can bring myself to say it... I... I... I have gambled! And liked it!!! Blackjack, craps, poker... horse races! I have bet money and won money and lost money! Oh, the miserable and wretched man that I have become.

Turn away from me and gaze upon this vile sinner no more! Save yourselves from the slippery depths down into which I have fallen! Oh, the folly of my ways! Oh, the shame! THE SHAME!!!




Anyway, if you run up against a Texas Hold 'Em poker player on Yahoo Games (and you recognize the name) you just might be playing against some one you know and love.

4 Comments:

Blogger KMJ said...

Well, Dr. Strangelove, you are not alone.

In addition to being a fantasy-baseball and fantasy-football (new!)widow...I have also become a Texas Hold 'Em widow. Is there any end to the male hobby fixation?

6:43 PM  
Blogger ironsulfide said...

uh... I'm sorry. What were you saying? I couldn't hear you because I was watching the new StarWars Triolgy DVDs.

9:05 AM  
Blogger Tenax said...

Dude,

all things in moderation. Why not? What will happen when you start reading the new living bible, or (uh oh) the message? Scary to think.

t

2:07 PM  
Blogger scooter said...

They have drums in worship bands now?

5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home