Thursday, July 15, 2004

Hello, my name is Ian and I am a blogoholic: A blogger on the verge of burnout.

Why I am so taken by this blog phenomenon?

I mean, sure, I get to be a part of the semi-daily lives of my friends and they mine, but losing production at work because of it? I have become blog obsessed over checking other blogs for new entries and keeping up with the comments on my own. (Maybe the new phrase "blobsessed" can be added to the blexicon?)

And, I'll have you know that some of you don't write no short blogettes either! You know who you are you weavers of temptation! BE DAMNED!!!

*fists raised to the sky then slouching to sigh deeply and forlornly*

Still, I check my blog favorites list several times a day to see if there is anything new going on. I can't help my self. I love checking my blog to see if anyone has enjoyed my most recent post. I love reading the new stuff and I find that I'm disappointed in there isn't any.

But am I sick or do I suffer from some kind of addiction? Am I on the verge of "blurnout"? (ooh, another one!) I can't say that I have suffered any blogger burnout yet. Yessh, I don't make enough entries to feel a twinge of carpal tunnel let alone blurnout, but I worry that I am an "at risk" case. Is it only a matter of time?

Probably, but I do love it so.

I need it so.

Oh, Blogger, what have you done?

Wired News: Bloggers Suffer Burnout

8 Comments:

Blogger OutOfTheSilent said...

To Blog: I blog only when I have time. Should it impead upon my work schedule then by no means should one blog.... just a second......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Alright the boss is gone... So I look around and I notice that one of the four computers I have on my desk is compressing a video for tonights sermon, the other is downloading the newest update to OSX and then the PC well I have that on my desk so that people will think I acutally know what a PC does... Right now the PC is playing music via the MSN RADIO.... and then there is THIS machine the one I am right now... IT is the new one in the school, a new iMac, only 15 inch screen but plays my dvds... So I blog only when I have nothing happening on a computer... Ok I guess all this to say this:

Nice post ian
Made me laugh
Your point of view all though only your own seems to be shared by others
No I don't think your gay
That little mouse you made the other was a waste of time when you could have been blogging
It sounds to me like you are not blogging enough, with all the time you have
No you should not loose your job over blogging
I think blogging helps the work place and saves on phone calls to the wife
Just look like you are writing a report and you will do fine...

12:03 PM  
Blogger ironsulfide said...

Uh yeah Tim. Glad you had a laugh at my expense. I see I'll have to find some one else to share my pain. *sniff*

1:35 PM  
Blogger KMJ said...

Oh friend, I hear you. I am ON VACATION in a lovely green and verdant setting and... I'm blogging. It's a sickness, a disease I say. (P.S. Love the blexicon additions...I'll have to compile all the new words and republish the 2nd edition.)

7:06 PM  
Blogger Seth T. Hahne said...

Yes. It's true. you're a sick sick puppy and should just quit. You don't wanna end up like me do you?

8:25 PM  
Blogger OutOfTheSilent said...

laugh at your expense...

12:11 AM  
Blogger ironsulfide said...

Holy Vikings!!! We have been blessed by the presence of one of the Granddaddies of Blogdom. The Dane has seen fit to post a comment on my humble, little blog and I am ever so grateful. Yes, The Dane, I do aspire to become like you. (Though I know that is a goal far too lofty for one such as myself.) Thank you for your gift. I will treasure this moment always.

9:29 AM  
Blogger Tenax said...

Ian,

Tim's post is hilarious. And I love Karen's confession. But you know, I've become the same way. At least a couple times a week (when my wife is at work usually) I log on to check the latest, maybe post myself.

And I love it. Why not? How can community be an addiction?

Have fun.

Troy

4:58 PM  
Blogger Tenax said...

Ian,

Tim's post is hilarious. And I love Karen's confession. But you know, I've become the same way. At least a couple times a week (when my wife is at work usually) I log on to check the latest, maybe post myself.

And I love it. Why not? How can community be an addiction?

Have fun.

Troy

5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home