Friday, June 25, 2004

Mike vs Michael

Michael Moore's new movie, Fahrenheit 9/11, comes out today. Well, I think it opened in NYC earlier this week but it's made it to the West Coast today.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing it. I've seen Bowling for Columbine and have read (most of) Dude, Where's My Country and they are intriguing and I must say that MM is very good and making one (or at least me) sympathetic to his side of the story. He always packs a lot of punch with the way he presents his "facts" and entertains you in the process. Still, it's no secret that he's got an agenda and that he's using the entertainment value of his products to promote it and that more than calls into question he's ability to be objective.

I'll let you see the movie and figure it out for yourselves.

Now, to be fair and balanced about it, check out Michael Moore Hates America and make sure you see this movie when it comes to theaters. I'm Sure Mike Wilson has his own agenda as well, but it'll be fun to see some one stick it to MM for a change.

3 Comments:

Blogger OutOfTheSilent said...

funny you should write this... I too have found more to be hiliarious... But when I began to learn the truth about his lies it began to sadden me that so many have baught into the entertianment of it all and begin to believe his "take" (a nice way of putting it) on things... I have been in the process of writing my own Moore post soon... At the very least you need to watch combine and watch how often Heston changes clothes in one speech. Wow I am amazed that Heston can change clothes three times and not even lose a breath..... Moores fixction is good, but it is no documentary...

7:50 AM  
Blogger KMJ said...

Hey Ian, I haven't yet seen either one - and am still debating if I'll go there (although I'll probably just rent when the time comes). Anyway, I had a great conversation with Eric yesterday on politics (a very rare occurrence...it just isn't something we get into very often) and I mentioned your blog. Thanks for mentioning both options.

8:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course he is not objective as in Bowling for Columbine he was quite obviously and advocate against the use of guns. That facts were bare. Because he has managed to take a political issue and present it so well that is considered entertainment does not distract from its validity.

9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home