Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Just not a blogger at heart

Well, it's been way too long (again) and I don't expect anyone is still be reading this blog but things are OK in my life (if anyone was wondering).

No discourse about how the thought of fatherhood is sending me into mass hysteria (because it's not).

No complaining about how my job or my boss is terrible (because, if you think about it, I've got it pretty good even if its terrible at times).

No inspired thoughts of life, the universe and everything (because we all learned that the answer was 42 a long time ago).

Nope, I'm just not a blogger at heart. I've got a lot to say and I was egotistic enough to think that the whole world wide web (Quad Dub for those in the know) would want to hear my thoughts on these issues and many more. Maybe it's the ADHD-factor or maybe it's that I'm not that introspective or maybe I've run out of "down time" at work. It could be a combination of all of these things but what I do know is that I do not write enough to warrant a blog or a faithful readership. Face it, the only reason anybody keeps coming back to read this thing is out of some hope-springs-eternal-thing. They keep hoping I'll write and I keep... well... not writing.

So let's do it thisaway from now on: I will write when and if I am inspired to do so (sort of like right now). Any readers I still have left after this post can feel free to check-in if they wish but I can promise nothing (which is pretty much what I've given so you won't be disappointed). I still read blogs when I have the opportunity but that's about all the involvment I've got time for these days.

It was fun while it lasted.

Maybe it will be again one day.

Thanks for reading.

6 Comments:

Blogger melissamae said...

always enjoy reading your blog and your insight...i will check back for future updates... merry christmas!!

7:59 AM  
Blogger OutOfTheSilent said...

ok... who cares about all that "other" stuff... all I wanted to say was... What the... 42!!! how could you ruin it for me... man you suck eggs....

9:32 AM  
Blogger KMJ said...

You know, it's kind of Narnian in it's own way (that and Puff the Magic Dragon-ish too!) Well, whether I read your voice in blog format or not, please know that you are always loved and well-thought of by this also sporadic blogger. To you, your lovely wife and delightful family to be, all my best! ;) Karen

8:45 AM  
Blogger scooter said...

Glad to hear your cybervoice again. You were my original inspiration for starting Suck the Marrow, which further inspired people like funkiller and westslope and countless others who have been peripherally attached to all of us. (I have a number of students who blog now as a result of seeing my page, mostly following our adoption saga). Anyway, miss you, bro, glad things are good. A big hug from my family to yours. (And, lemme tell ya, if the kid's a girl, whoooooo boy will you have your hands full, but you'll love every single crying-eyed tea party-playing, "oh dear Lord I'm buying TAMPONS FOR MY DAUGHTER" moment of it. (Granted, haven't quite hit that last one yet, but Emily's 11, and it's just around the corner... yikes...)

9:48 PM  
Blogger Lucy said...

Hi...hoping you'll be posting again soon...
I have a question for you! I'm writing a paper on animal consciousness and whether or not animals have something that could be compared to human-like consciousness, and my professor has given me the opportunity to research the paper from the scholarly, Christian theological perspective. Just wondering if you are aware of any perspectives or resources regarding this topic.
Thanks!

10:31 AM  
Blogger The Souder Four said...

Ian, my dear friend!! I have missed you. I was thinking of you the other day, believe it or not, as I was telling the story of being in my folks' kitchen above the mortuary and pulling out the LARGE can of Skippy. Oh, the look on your face when I asked if you liked Skippy... It always makes me smile. I hope you are well!! Congrats on fatherhood! I have recently joined the ranks as well. Drop me a note if you ever read this, I would love to hear from you.
ODC, Matthew Souder

12:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home