Monday, May 17, 2004

You never know when some one's going to snap

Today I had to take my car into the dealer for some scheduled maintenance and I used the complementary shuttle service to get to work. I've done this plenty of times before and never once did I give any thought to the kind of person taking the wheel (and my life) in his hands. Anyway, we were leaving the parking lot of the dealership and parts delivery truck pulled into a spot that partially blocked our exit. It took some maneuvering, but our driver made it out ok. It was then that our driver proceeded to share with us his thoughts for the future...
"I hate those delivery guys! They think they own the entire parking lot and they don't gots no respect for nobody! Boy, I'll tell you there'll come a day when I don't want to work here nomo' and when it does I'll show 'm what how to respect!"
We all laughed nervously. I said, "Hopefully not with us in the van."
And he replied, "Naw, I won't use a car. Ya see I'm from South Dakota and we teaches respect the old fashioned way out there. We'll take 'm out back in the woods somewheres and beat him for awhile with an axe handle and leave 'm for the bears."
Oh boy! Nice, Mr. Courtesy Shuttle Driver Man! Thank you so much for letting me peek into your crazy little world! What stimulating conversation! Now here's your tip money and LET ME OUT OF THIS CAR!!!

Thank God I made it to work and I'm alive.

1 Comments:

Blogger OutOfTheSilent said...

Man what is there to say... you learned something new about what the woods are used for. First hand (actually second hand) experience too, that is good...

3:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home